I’m so tired at the end of the day lately, I just don’t have the energy to write any posts… it’s been so long, I doubt anyone reads this anymore (not that many did to begin with!). This update is (obviously) pretty much for me.
- The heat has been awful this summer, but it’s not any worse than summers I remember as a kid. I remember all the summers being hot and humid in July and August. Maybe we’ll have an old-fashioned winter this year too.
- I’ve been seeing a *lot* of young deer with antlers. I never see deer with antlers, so deer sightings have been a whole lot more interesting.
- Two of The Ladies can’t decide if they want to sleep in the coop at night or not. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. On the nights they don’t, I have to wander around the yard to collect them and lock them up
- I’m still getting baby robins… Robin #2 produced three fledglings while Robin #1 is currently raising #’s 7, 8 and 9… she’s a busy mom!
- I cat-sat a week for a friend. One of the few pets I never had growing up was a cat. I can definitely say that I am a dog person and I wouldn’t ever get a pet cat. I think that dogs are way easier to take care of and definitely cleaner around the house!
- …and speaking of dogs, my sister’s dog is growing up so fast. She is going to be such a great dog when she’s all grown up.
- I was stunned last week when the guy I work next to asked me what the new guy’s name was. The ‘New Guy’ has been working with us for over three months and works within 20 feet of us
- I went on a field trip with my Mom and sisters to Lily Dale. My Mom and one of my sisters had a reading – I wish I had had the $$$ to have one too… it was pretty interesting to hear what the mediums had to say – they were on the mark with a lot of stuff.
- Just about every street I take going to work has a car counter on it. I just know that construction on every one of those streets is going to start on the same day. And it’s going to take forever to get to work when it does. And it’s going to go on for months. Ugh.
- There has been a family of Guinea fowl hanging around my house – they are so cool. I hope they make it through the winter, but I’m not too optimistic as they aren’t native to cold climates I wish my camera had a better zoom.
- I’m not very excited about my garden this year. Because the spring was so wet, everything had too much of a late start. The only thing that is looking OK is my tomatoes – everything else is either super small or non-existent. Corn, beans and peas never happened. Maybe we’ll have a mild fall and I’ll get something from the rest of what I planted. We’ll see.
I can’t believe that tomorrow is the first day of August. Ugh.